Thursday, June 21, 2012

My lovely boy

It's time for me to brag about Ryker, who so often lives in the shadow of his older sister. He is a fantastic young man who has a big heart for God. 


This past spring, when Dan and I coordinated Dave Ramsey's Generation Change, there was an exercise where the kids had to write down 10 "things" they really love. Even though Ryker was not a part of the class, he wanted to participate in the teenagers' activity. After giving them five or so minutes to think about it, then we tell them that they are forced to give away three things and to cross out three. And then three are stolen.....and then three are destroyed in a fire. 


The idea is that the only thing on the list should be JESUS. 


We picked up Ryker's paper -- all folded up after class. I loved the insight into my precious son!


1. Books
2. Jesus (with a backwards 'J')
3. Bible
4. family
5. friends
6. math
7. reading
8. homework (huh?)
9. school
10. the Cardinals


All were crossed off but No. 2. I was just proud to see that Jesus even made the list. Not sure that would have been the case when I was 7.






2 comments:

  1. Just went you think you couldn't love him more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweeee! So sweet! You and Dan are such great parents!

    ReplyDelete