Thursday, April 12, 2012

Can I deliver happiness...like Puppet Bike?

Today, I want to write about someone I don't know. I am not even sure of his or her name. It's Puppet Bike. 


When I came across some photos last night of my daughter enjoying this street show in Chicago, I laughed and smiled. 









It was a wonderful memory, a precious moment, mostly because after the 10 minutes of scruffy puppets dancing she thanked me. She was grateful that we stopped and let her enjoy it. It made me wonder...do we stop often enough and enjoy what's right in front of us?


I'm still in this soul-searching mode -- trying to decide how I can earn an income and do something I love. Dave Ramsey has said when you do what you love, the money you make will be sufficient! Oh, Puppet Bike, you so get that! 


I did another search about Puppet Bike when I saw the photos again last night.  I found him/her here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/puppet-bike-chicago

Puppet Bike has 96 reviews and a five-star rating! People RAVE about Puppet Bike, and yet most people never know for sure...who is in that box! It doesn't matter. 


Here are a couple of reviews of Puppet Bike, which I couldn't stop reading on Yelp. Dan and I were cracking up! 


"as a jaded 20-something that is pretty much dead inside, i must say that the puppet bike made me smile like a maniac and probably made my entire day...nay...year.

i hope he never stops!"





"Wait, we get to review the Puppet Bike? We get to tell the internet about our favorite thing EVAR? 

If you speak ill of the Puppet Bike I will punch you in the side of the neck and spread scurrilous rumors that you hunt dolphins for sport. I hope the guys who run it make a billion dollars in tips.

You guys. Seriously you guys. They're little hand-puppet animals who dance together and wave at you. If you need more, I don't know what to say to you."





"Is there anything in the world that can turn a person's frown upside down faster than the Puppet Bike?!  I don't think so.  

A true Chicago treasure!"





Some paint, cheap props, old-time music and the scruffiest puppets on the planet. Is it true that's all it takes for people of all ages to fall in love with something so...I don't know, so basic, so simple? 


OK, the puppets do interact with their audience, giving high-fives, stealing money from the tip box and taking photos of the crowd with a tiny plastic camera when someone whips out their smart phone to get a photo of them, too. 


I don't understand the severe hype personally. But that's the point. Don't think too deep; just enjoy it. (See more photos of my Abby and Puppet Bike at my Snapshots blog HERE.)


I realized then, I'm jealous of Puppet Bike! What an awesome feeling it must be to do EXACTLY what you love, what you want. And to have people adore you for it? There's no controversy, no complaining about clocking in to work, and if people don't like what you're doing, they simply walk by and you're unaffected by them. Puppet Bike and Dave Ramsey -- two people I never thought I'd mention in the same post!


But Puppet Bike has it figured out: the secret to a wonderful life! I NEED to apply this to my life -- this philosophy, this attitude, this way of being! I guess I'm a fan -- Go Puppet Bike! 





No comments:

Post a Comment