Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I did a craft...and survived!

So I saw this adorable wreath several times on Pinterest. It keep popping up, and I loved it. And I need a wreath and something spring-like to lift my mood. Plus, I had everything needed to make it. It turned out pretty good. See! 


I had to dig to find instructions, so I'm posting them in case you want to try it. Because believe me, I'm not very crafty and I was able to do this, so it MUST be easy! Sorry about the red comforter I did this craft on. It's a bit distracting! 
Supplies: metal hanger, scissors, ribbon, material scraps or old rags. I had a couple blue shirts -- one mine and one Abby's that were ripped. I found some other blue fabric scraps and this wide white ribbon. Here's my fabric: 


Step one: Cut into strips of about 1x6 inches. 


Take a metal hanger and "undo" it. 


Then shape into a circle and secure it at the top using pliers or your sheer strength (the latter for me). 

Tie strips around the circle. 



Tie a ribbon onto the top and hang. I also wrapped the dark blue ribbon around the loop of metal hanger so it would look nice. 



I liked how the ripped up fabric, imperfect and all, gives it texture. I like how it looks on my door! And....best of all, I crafted and lived to tell about it. Should I add a new category on my blog? Awwww....probably not. I'm sure this is a fluke! 


1 comment:

  1. I love crafting. Especially when you can find something simple and beautiful like this. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete